New Wolseley Stationary Engine Book Coming

Website and server information.
Richard
Site Admin

New Wolseley Stationary Engine Book Coming

Postby Richard » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi Everyone. Mr David Edgington from SE fame will be releasing a new Wolseley Stationary Engine book shortly. I'm sure this will generate great excitement from Wolseley enthusiasts all around the world. I for one can't wait to get my hands on a copy when it is released. It will no doubt be updated with new information that has come to hand in the years since his last Wolseley publication.
Regards
Richard

lathejack

Re: New Wolseley Stationary Engine Book Coming

Postby lathejack » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:23 am

Hi Richard

Is David Edgington's new Wolseley book available yet ? I havn't seen it advertised anywhere, or have i missed it ?

Hunter

Postby Hunter » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:19 am

I look forward to hearing more of this. Just back form Amberley not many Wolseley there today sadly.
Wolseley WD8, 1949. Two J A Prestwich Zero series, Passion is shearing equipment being a shearer.

Wizard8838

Postby Wizard8838 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:33 am

Should have gone to the Milland show, there was a Wolseley there!

W

Hunter

Postby Hunter » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Oh there where Wolselsy there but not many, come to think of it there where a lot less engines than last year, one area was blank.
Wolseley WD8, 1949. Two J A Prestwich Zero series, Passion is shearing equipment being a shearer.

Richard
Site Admin

Postby Richard » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:58 am

Hi All. The inside gossip is book release probably around August.
Regards
Richard

Richard
Site Admin

Postby Richard » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi All. Book is now officially available. You can see an interview with Mr David Edginton as he talks about it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ume8zIzVGg8

The new book is available at http://www.stationaryenginebooks.co.uk/general.htm

Wizard8838

Postby Wizard8838 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:41 am

Richard

Just ordered it online a few mins back so hopefully it will arrive shortly, cant wait to see the changes and updates.

W

woolseley

Postby woolseley » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:04 am

I have just read the new book and would like to say that it is a very well written,researched and illustrated publication.There is alot of new information and facts that I didn't know.It is a "must read" for anyone with an interest in Wolseley stationary engines.

Kenny Williams.

Richard
Site Admin

Postby Richard » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:50 am

Hi All. Some of the historical information on the engine range will be updated on the website in the coming weeks. Much of this information has come from Mr David Edgington's new publication. The sheer volume of new information will take a while to fully digest and insert into common knowledge. To anyone that hasn't purchased a copy I would strongly recommend it. I think the price is around 13 pound with postage in the UK and an extra 2 pound for international postage. It's nice to see a publication with such hi-res pictures printed on good quality stock (definitely not like a magazine!). The link for purchasing is http://www.stationaryenginebooks.co.uk/Wolseley.htm.

Even if you have the previous publication it's definitely worth the small investment for the updated information, glossy pages and great read. It's very likely there may never be another publication on Wolseley SE's with such level of detail.

Regards
Richard Banks
AUSTRALIA

Return to “Announcements & News”