Wolseley Sheep Shearing Equipment

Posts not relating directly to Wolseley Stationary Engines.
Richard
Site Admin

Wolseley Sheep Shearing Equipment

Postby Richard » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Hello All. The Style 1 I purchased came with the below sheep shearing equipment. Certainly missing the handpiece. Can anyone shed any light on what might be needed to get it into running order again? (this might be a good one for Hunter since he is our resident sheep shearer!)

Kind Regards
Richard Banks
AUSTRALIA

Wizard8838

Re: Wolseley Sheep Shearing Equipment

Postby Wizard8838 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:39 am

i have an idea how it might look, but no photo, just an image in my head.

shame i dont have a USB port fitted to my head so i could download the picture for you.

W

In the future we will have.

OOPS, shouldn't have said that !

Might change the course of history now that secret is out.

Rustyreks

Postby Rustyreks » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:18 pm

Looking at the parts looks like you may just need an inner long gut originally they were made of leather now days they are plastic it fits inside the rigid outer down tube and connects to the main drive at the top and the handpiece at the bottom plus you will need a ferrule and handpiece assuming that the small metal piece with the rubber cone is complete maybe there should be a bracket to bolt it to the wall? I collect old shearing machinery i have a wolseley two stand portable shearing plant 1950s? and a small wolsely moter that used to run an overhead shearing plant i think it is a w2 made around 1945-46 was given it and it hadnt run for over 20years it had been bought in a clearing sale i stripped it down and reassembled it and got some parts for the magneto and it runs really well they are a quiet motor brent

Richard
Site Admin

Postby Richard » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:54 am

Hi rustyreks. Thank you for the information, every little piece helps for sure! I would be very interested to know more about your Wolseley electric motor as I posted about some years ago and yours is the only other I have heard of. Do you have any pictures you can upload? http://www.wolseleystationaryengines.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23

Kind Regards
Richard Banks
AUSTRALIA

Return to “General & Miscellaneous”