headgasket

pistonpete

headgasket

Postby pistonpete » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:36 am

hi have had to take head of wlb1 to grind in valves . although i can cut a new headgasket out of gasket paper designed for the job , was wandering if any one now were these can be obtained or is this like asking for gold ?

Wizard8838

Re: headgasket

Postby Wizard8838 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:13 am

Pete

Not sure from memory if the bolt holes are the same as the WD, but there is a guy on ebay selling head gaskets for WD's, if its the same his name/handle is Rattleknackers.

Have a look at his listings for the gasket, i think he throws in a free carb gasket too and he's fairly resonable in price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wolseley-WD-Headgasket-MADE-ENGLAND-/290585125662?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item43a839231e

Or check the link above.

W

pistonpete

Postby pistonpete » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:10 am

hi thanks for reply but wlb1 is a six stud , wd1 etc are 5 stud so gasket is quite rare so i think i will have to make one

Wizard8838

Postby Wizard8838 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:58 am

Pete

I had a feeling it would be different, but i think the shape is the same.

You could make one, its not that hard.

But you could still message the guy and see if he has one or a template to make you one, failing that turn the head upside down and make a template from card and get some sheet material and make your own, from what i have had in the past the gasket material is quite thick ( about 2.5 mm ) and its different from the gasket sheet used to make the side cover gaskets. He has got un-cut sheet gasket material in stock as i have seen him at various rallies selling his products.

Keep away from asbestos gaskets, not telling you how and what to do but that stuff is nasty.

I will try to find his phone number for you.

W

Return to “WLB1”