Axle too long for governor

Teedee

Axle too long for governor

Postby Teedee » Wed May 10, 2017 4:28 am

Afternoon everybody.

After resquing a WD9 from being binned, I now try to find all the missing pieces for it and figure out how to get this nice piece of history running again. It used to run on bas, but I'm converting it to petrol as there are lots of things running on petrol around my place, but nothing on gas.

I'm a complete beginner in all this, so laughing about stupid reasoning is allowed. ;)

Okay, there are a lot of things I need to figure out, but the most urgent one is this: As the governor was missing, I sourced one, but fitting it seems impossible. The axle of the big gear that holds the weights goes all the way to the end of the sprocket and holds it with a circlip. There's just no space for the governor pin!
Further, the small axle where the governor arm pivots can be pushed in a hole on the left, but looking at drawings, there seems to be a small bolt holding that in place and there's no bolt, not even a hole in my engine. Also the right side of that axle seems not to have any fixing point whatsoever...
Makes me wonder if the was a governor in the first place, especially since the hole for the adjusting screw is blanked off. Does anybody know if there perhaps were Wolseley WD9's without a governor? And if so, can they be converted to work with one?

Teedee

Re: Axle too long for governor

Postby Teedee » Sun May 14, 2017 6:50 pm

By the way, I see now I had to write 'rescuing'.

Not so bilingual as I thought...

Return to “WD9”